Sunday 3 September 2017

In the Beginning

IN THE BEGINNING

The great God dreamed a dream through me,

Mighty as a dream of God could be;

He made me a victorious woman,

Shaped me unto a perfect plan,

Summoned me forth to radiant birth

Upon the radiant earth

He lavished gifts within my hand,

Gave me the power to command

The thundering forces that he hurled

Upon the seething world

Creation’s dream was wondrous good

Had I but understood

The great God dreamed a dream through me,

But I was blind and could not see.

My royal gifts were laid in rust,

For parentage, I claimed the dust.

Decay and sorrow, age and blight

These gifts I deemed my right.

The great God spoke a word through me

That word was Life. How can it be?

That I, in God s own substance made,

Should face the universe, afraid?

Born of eternal life am I

Why should I fail and die?

O God, so huge was thine intent,

So greatly was thy passion spent!

This counterfeit is not the plan

That Thou didst dream for man

Tis this: man’s dream must mate with thine,

Man’s word, man’s life, must be divine;

Man must be conscious through and through

To make Thy dream come true!
Angela Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment